Are planks for the construction of the terrace surface made of composite material and are now a popular alternative to terrace planks made of real wood. The low maintenance requirements and the fact that the material is splinter-free speak for the material with a wood look.
There are many models on the market with different systems, colors, profiles (solid and hollow chamber profiles).
Areas of application of WPC decking boards:
WPC decking can be used wherever wooden boards are used. There are many reasons for choosing WPC. The boards are mainly used outdoors. You will find use in the following areas:
- Terrace and balcony
- Pond and pool border
- Privacy screen
- Facade cladding
- Garden path
- Seating and barbecue area
- Posts and handrails
A modern garden with a new planted lawn decking shrubs and borders. Designed and owned by contributor. A good image for Landscape gardiners or designers
Properties of WPC boards:
- WPC boards do not splinter: In general, WPC is recommended if you want to walk barefoot on your terrace absolutely safe. Not only on the terrace, especially in the pool area, people walk barefoot. There you also need a covering that does not splinter. Again, WPC is the choice.
- Low-maintenance and easy-care: it is sufficient to clean the planks regularly with lukewarm water and a soft brush to remove conventional dirt.
- Robust and hard-wearing: WPC is a robust material and relatively insensitive to scratches and pressure marks. For this reason, WPC is often used for outdoor areas in gastronomy. The material can withstand constant stress better than real wood.
- The WPC planks gray more slowly than wooden planks: The WPC terrace planks gray a little over time, because the wood content here also destroys the lignin substance through UV rays. The degree of graying varies from product to product. In any case, the color changes only have an impact on the appearance of the boards and not on the quality of the material.
- UV and weather resistant
- No splinters or cracks
- Easy to care for / maintenance-free
- Shape and color stable
- Real wood appearance
- Environmentally friendly (bamboo has the advantage that it is a much faster renewable and sustainable raw material).
- Suitable for terraces, balconies, pool area
- Warm feet
- Moisture resistant
- The heat generation of the decking boards under strong sunlight is controversial – this seems to ultimately depend on personal perception.
- Acquisition costs are slightly higher, but the inversion is spread over the long term, as no maintenance effort is required.
- The color may fade a little depending on the region and weather, air pollution and usage.
- turns gray with constant and very intense solar radiation
- Cheap WPC terrace coverings can be monochrome, without natural knotholes, grains or lively color nuances, so it does not look like a natural wood product
- If the installation is inadequate, the boards can deform.